- 01 OVERVIEW
- 02 WHAT'S IN IT?
- 03 INDICATIONS
- 04 HOW TO USE
- 05 AVAILABLE IN
Calcium is an essential nutrient during pregnancy and lactation. Calcium contributes to bone development in the fetus and neonate and is considered a critical nutrient. Physiological changes in calcium metabolism occur during pregnancy and lactation.
Calcium supplementation during pregnancy leads to an important reduction of blood pressure and preeclampsia.
Overall, calcium supplementation facilitates the formation of healthy fetal bones and provides a better pregnancy outcome.
Vitamin D3 in Calcivita aids in better calcium absorption from the food we eat 99% of the body’s calcium resides in the bones and teeth and the remaining 1% in the blood.
The blood calcium levels are very important for nerve conduction and muscle contraction. Any decline in the level of calcium in the blood, forces it to take it take it from the bones, causing resorption or bone loss.
The average calcium intake is 800 mgs a day and for breast feeding mother’s its about 1,200 mgs. Surprisingly, 58% of the women do not get adequate calcium from the food they take.
Calcivita comes in beautiful, orange colored soft gelatin capsules.
The dosage is one capsules a day or as directed by a physician.
Each capsule of Calcivita contains :
Dibasic Calcium Phosphate 150 mg
Calcium Carbonate 50 mg
Vitamin A 2500 IU
Vitamin D3 400 IU
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension
- Low birth weight babies
- Pre-term babies
- Maternal mortality
- Maternal bone Loss
One capsule a day or directed by a physician
Available in pharmacies and super markets in Sri Lanka and Cambodia, Kenya, Myanmar, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Burundi